Tim Sherman is a partner in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in income tax. He has been closely involved in a range of tax work including corporate acquisitions and disposals, restructures, capital raisings and international tax. He also has extensive experience in relation to employee and executive share and option schemes.
Show moreShow less
- Energy group on the sale of a coal mine and power station
- Private equity on sale of Australian services group
- Private equity on the sale of health care business
- Private equity on the acquisition of construction business
- Private equity on the sale of retail group
- Listed Australian target on the tax aspects of takeover by offshore group
- Multinational pharma group on the Australian tax consequences of its global demerger
- Services firm on the sale of their business to multinational group
- Multinational manufacturing company on Australian refinancing
- Onshore and offshore issuers on debt issuances in the Australian capital markets
- Corporates structuring and implementation of a number of executive and employee share and option schemes.
- CA, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Chartered Tax Adviser.
- 1995: Bachelor of Commerce and Laws, University of Queensland
- 1996 - 2000: Tax Consultant, KPMG
- 1998: Master of Laws, University of Queensland
- 2000: Admitted as a Chartered Accountant
- 2001: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 2002-2009: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques (Melbourne, London and Sydney)
- 2007: Doctor of Juridical Science, University of Melbourne (Thesis topic: Effect of the tax consolidation regime on the disposal of a company from a corporate group)
- 2009-2013: Partner, Baker & McKenzie
- 2013 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons.