Tim Klineberg is national head of KWM’s Restructuring and Insolvency practice.
Tim specialises in restructuring and insolvency-related matters. He consistently recognised as a leading practitioner in restructuring and insolvency law.
Tim has a long track record of leading major restructuring and insolvency mandates in Australia and in the Asia-Pacific Region. He also advises on structuring and documenting transactions to account for default and insolvency risk.
Tim also has significant cross-border restructuring experience gained in Australia and in the United Kingdom, where he practised for several years. His clients include the major Australian banks, a range of corporates and he also advises investors which target the distressed debt and equity assets.
"Tim has impressed us with both his restructuring expertise and also his ability to handle complex intercreditor arrangements."
"He's got a great legal knowledge, is extremely approachable and understands the need for commerciality."
Restructuring and turnaround
- Advising the lenders to the ASX listed Arrium Group, with an exposure of more than $2.9bn on all aspects of the complex insolvency and asset realisation process.
- Advising the lenders to the Steinhoff Asia Pacific Group on its complex refinancing of more than $300m.
- Advising ASX listed uranium producer Paladin Energy Limited and its administrators on all aspects of its bond exchange and restructuring involving an exposure greater than US$650m.
- Advising ASX listed Surfstitch Group Limited and its administrators on the complex resolution to its multiple class action claim through deed of company arrangement.
- Advising the administrators of the McAleese Group on all aspects of the administration and restructuring.
- Advising the directors of Boart Longyear on the complex restructuring completed by scheme of arrangement.
- Advising KKR on its exit from the Santanol Group, a sandalwood producer.
- Advising the lenders to Basslink, a significant energy project.
- Advising the NSW State Government on the Sydney Light Rail project.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Turnaround Management Association
- Law Societies (New South Wales, England and Wales)
- 2001: Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2001: LLB (Hons), University of Newcastle
- 1999: B. Ec (Hons), University of Newcastle