Tim Klineberg is a partner in the Banking and Finance team, based in Sydney. He is also the national head of KWM’s Restructuring and Insolvency practice.
Tim specialises in restructuring and insolvency-related matters. He consistently recognised as a leading practitioner in restructuring and insolvency law.
Tim has a long track record of leading major restructuring and insolvency mandates in Australia and in the Asia-Pacific Region. He also advises on structuring and documenting transactions to account for default and insolvency risk.
Tim also lectures at The University of Sydney and The University of Technology Sydney in topics related to restructuring and insolvency law.
Tim also has significant cross-border restructuring experience gained in Australia and in the United Kingdom, where he practised for several years. His clients include the major Australian banks, a range of corporates and he also advises investors which target the distressed debt and equity assets.
Restructuring and turnaround
- Advising the 24 bank lending syndicate to the ASX listed Arrium Group, with an exposure of more than $2.9bn on all aspects of the complex insolvency and asset realisation process.
- Advising ASX listed uranium producer Paladin Energy Limited on all aspects of its bond exchange and restructuring involving an exposure greater than US$500m.
- Advising The Trust Company on the resolution of many of its major distressed debenture issuer exposures, including Angas Securities, Southern Finance and Gippsland Secured Investments.
- Advising the administrators of the McAleese Group on the administration and restructuring.
- Advising the acquirer of the Quickflix business by deed of company arrangement.
- Advising Denham on its acquisition of coal assets from the Australian Peabody companies.
- Fitness First global $1bn restructuring.
- Colorado Group $900m restructuring.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Turnaround Management Association
- Law Societies (New South Wales, England and Wales)
- 2001: Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2001: LLB (Hons)
- 1999: B. Ec (Hons)