Steve is a construction specialist. His practice is focused on front-end construction projects in the commercial development, energy and infrastructure sectors, with a proven experience in advisory roles regarding the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts and project delivery.
Broad front and back end construction experience in Australia, UK and Middle East.
- Transport for NSW: Parramatta Light Rail - Advising TfNSW on the structuring of construction documentation for the $3.5 billion Parramatta Light Rail project. Drafting the major construction documentation for the project, including the Infrastructure contract and the Supply, Operate and Maintain contract for the delivery and operation of the light rail
- Tasmanian Radio Network: Acting for a subcontractor as part of a bid for the Tasmanian Government Radio Network PPP
- Bidder: Sydney Metro Pitt Street development – Acting for a bidder for the development of the Pitt Street station and over station aspects forming part of the Sydney Metro project
- Bidder: Sydney Metro Waterloo development – Acting for a bidder for the development of the Waterloo station and over station aspects forming part of the Sydney Metro project
- Lendlease: Sydney Metro Victoria Cross development – Advising Lendlease on the construction aspects of its successful bid to construct a new metro station and above-station development at Victoria Cross, one of the new station developments forming part of the Sydney Metro project
- Brookfield Developments: 405 Bourke Street – Advising Brookfield on the D&C contract and related documents for the development of a new 40-storey commercial tower and retail space in Melbourne’s CBD
- Brookfield Developments: Wynyard Place - Advising Brookfield on the construction contract structure for the Wynyard Place transit hall and commercial development project. This included drafting two D&C contracts, negotiating contract terms with Multiplex and TfNSW and providing ongoing project support through the construction phase
- Lendlease: Carlton Connect – Advising Lendlease Developments on the drafting and negotiation of a bespoke building contract for a $350M mixed use development comprising university, commercial and student accommodation space for The University of Melbourne, including pass through provisions for three separate upstream development and delivery agreements and related land documents
- Grafton Prison: Project Co role – Advising Project Co on the drafting and negotiation of the interface deed between Project Co, builder and operator for the new Grafton Correctional Centre, which will be the largest correctional facility in Australia
- INSW: Western Sydney Stadium - Advising INSW on the procurement and drafting of the design and construct contract (on GC21 form) for the new Western Sydney Stadium at Parramatta
- Country Garden: Ryde Gardens Development - Developer role, acting for a Chinese developer on its first project in Australia, drafting and negotiating ECI and D&C contracts in relation to the design and construction of a new 850- apartment development in Sydney
- Mugga Lane Solar Farm: Developer role, drafting and negotiating ECI, EPC and O&M contracts, performance guarantee methodology, warranties and guarantees for the development of a new solar farm in Canberra
- Melbourne Airport: secondment to the legal department of Melbourne Airport, responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on various construction and commercial contracts relating to the airport’s operations and development.