Simone Menz is a Partner in the Real Estate team.
Simone acts for many real estate institutions, developers and investors in their major projects, investments and asset management activities.
Her expertise includes complex development projects, real estate fund investments, structuring and titling issues, joint ventures and co-ownership arrangements, financing and security structures, complex leasing and the tax issues associated with real estate projects and investments.
She has acted for many of the current wave of global investors into Australia, including in relation to the foreign investment and structuring issues associated with their entry to Australia.
In recognition of her work with real estate funds in Asia, Simone has been listed as a leading individual in Asia Pacific Legal 500 for the last 5 years. Chambers Global said she is known for her funds work and clients appreciate Simone's approachability, commerciality and ability to get the deal done.
- Commercial, retail and industrial real estate investments and complex development projects – for the Future Fund, Lendlease, Brookfield, Australand, Invesco, AMP, Frasers, Grocon, Goldman Sachs, DEXUS, Woolworths, CLSA, Qualitas, PropertyLink, Uniting Church of Australia, Asian Pacific Group and the Perron Group
- Residential real estate developments and investment structures – for Guangzhou R&F Properties, ICD Land, Australand, Grocon and various senior and mezzanine financiers
- Government projects - the Melbourne Markets Warehouse Facilities, Parliament Square in Hobart, Parkville Gardens Residential Project, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Victorian Desalination Plant, Melbourne Showgrounds, Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne, New Royal Adelaide Hospital, St Kilda Triangle and various developments at Victoria Harbour
- Airports - the transformation of the Gold Coast Airport to a common use low cost carrier terminal, which was the first major redevelopment of an Australian airport to be carried out whilst operations continue; new operating agreements with Australia’s major airlines at various Queensland airports as part of major redevelopment proposals; investment, development and leasing activities of many Australian airports, including dealing with the unique restrictions imposed by the regulatory environment that applies to airports and the establishment of effective structures for holding leasehold assets
- Agribusiness investments for Lion Dairy & Drinks, Zhejiang Rifa, Hancock Victorian Plantations and Australian funds established to invest in the agri sector
- Hospitality for Frasers, Fullshare Group and Crown Casino Perth
- Healthcare - the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Epworth Centre in Richmond, Frances Perry House at the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne and the New Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Global investments for Australian clients – project management and structuring of offshore acquisitions by the Future Fund and Australian LPTs, including the Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham, United Kingdom and a Deutsche Telekom commercial office portfolio in Germany.