Shannon is a partner in our Brisbane office where he specialises in construction, infrastructure and major projects.
Shannon has extensive experience in front end projects work and specialises in drafting and negotiating high value and complex project documentation, including project deeds, EPC and EPCM contracts, D&C contracts, construction contracts and offshore procurement agreements.
He also provides advice on project structuring and risk management, contract administration and claims management, tender analysis, and advice on interface issues between construction, development and project finance documents.
Shannon acts for a range of clients, including energy companies, resources and mining companies, infrastructure developers, project sponsors, financiers and contractors.
- Western Sydney Stadium – advising Infrastructure New South Wales on the development of a new 30,000 seat stadium in Western Sydney
- Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 – advised CPB Contractors on its successful bid for the D&C Contractor role on Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2
- Gateway Upgrade North Project – advised Transurban Queensland/DTMR on the construction and interface arrangements for the Gateway Upgrade North Project
- Darling Downs Solar Farm – advising Origin Energy on the development of a 106MW solar farm
- NSW Intercity Fleet Project – advising the Downer/CRC consortium on its bid to Transport for New South Wales for the supply of Rollingstock and long-term maintenance services
- WestConnex M5– advised the senior financiers for the $15 billion WestConnex M5 project
- West Pilbara Infrastructure Project – advised Aurizon on the development of a new deep water port, 300km rail line and associated port and rail infrastructure as part of the West Pilbara Infrastructure Project
- Diamantina Power Station – advised the APA/AGL consortium on the development of the 242MW combined-cycle, gas fired Diamantina Power Station and the 60MW open-cycle gas fired Leichardt Power Station
- High Capacity Metro Trains PPP– advised the financiers to a shortlisted consortium on its bid for the High Capacity Metro Trains project.
Show moreShow less
- 2016 – present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Brisbane
- 2010 – 2016: Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons, Brisbane
- 2007 – 2010: Associate, Clifford Chance, London
- 2005 – 2007: Solicitor, Minter Ellison, Brisbane.