Scott Heezen is a partner in the Sydney Office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in tax-efficient asset and structured finance transactions, including cross-border aircraft and ship leasing.
Scott also has extensive experience in Australian domestic, inbound and outbound M&A transactions, including the structuring of Chinese investment into Australia.
Scott is also an experienced UK tax practitioner, having advised on UK taxation for a major UK law firm, and he has extensive experience in Australian / European cross border leasing and investments.
Scott is both a qualified lawyer and a Chartered Accountant.
Show moreShow less
- UK Banks Advising on various Australian / UK financing transactions
- RBS Advising on various cross border lease transactions
- Macquarie Bank Advising on UK lease transactions
- Macquarie Bank Advising on refinancing of of various UK and European assets
- Advising various German, UK and Irish lessors on leasing structures into Australia
- CHAMP Advising on sale of United Malt Holdings to GrainCorp
- Aluminium Corporation of China (Chinalco) Advising on proposed investment into Rio Tinto.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Taxation Institute of Australia.
- 2011: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2007: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2002: Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, Securities Institute of Australia
- 2008: Masters of Taxation, University of Sydney
- 2004 - 2007: Senior Associate, taxation, Clifford Chance London
- 1990 - 1995: Bachelor of Commerce and Laws (Honours) degrees, Monash University
- 1997 - 2000: Taxation Consultant, Mergers and Acquisitions / International Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers Melbourne
- 1999: Admitted as a Chartered Accountant
- 2000 - 2004: Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne.