Sarah Yu is a partner in the King & Wood Mallesons M&A group in Sydney specialising in superannuation and life insurance.
With over 23 years’ experience, Sarah has assisted major banks and wealth management institutions, life insurers, retail, industry and corporate superannuation funds navigate complex of financial services issues.
- Transactions – assisting major banks and wealth management institutions with mergers and acquisitions.
- Governance – all aspects of governance including board policies, delegations, director liability, director duties.
- Outsourcing - including advising on custody, administration and investment managements.
- Product lifecycle – advising on complex life insurance products and establishing, changing and terminating superannuation funds and products.
- Successor fund transfers – inbound and outbound successor fund transfers.
- Regulatory and disclosure - relating to review of regulated documents, RSE and AFSL licensing, MySuper authorisations and APRA approvals and relief.
- Disputes – from complaints to litigation.
- Employers – employers superannuation issues including superannuation guarantee liabilities.
Sarah has been recognised as a leading lawyer in Best Lawyers for Superannuation (2013 – 2020) and Financial Institutions (2016 – 2020).
- 1995: Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Science, Australian National University
- 2017: Management Acceleration Programme, INSEAD
- 2018: Company Directors Course, AICD
- 2019: Regulation, LSE Executive Education, The London School of Economics.