Rob is a corporate partner based in KWM’s Melbourne office. Rob has over 10 years’ experience advising clients on major transactions across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, government, infrastructure, health, pharmaceutical, resources and technology. He specialises in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on public company mergers and acquisitions, private treaty transactions, equity capital markets and corporate governance.
- Asciano: highly contested A$9 billion+ takeover bid, initially from Brookfield and subsequently from a joint Qube and Brookfield consortium also comprised of GIP, CPPIB, GIC and CIC
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet (Victoria): advising on the market process associated with the implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and transfer of service provision to the non-government sector in Victoria
- Yancoal: advising Yancoal’s controlling shareholders on Yancoal’s A$3.1b acquisition of Coal & Allied from Rio Tinto (including in relation to Yancoal’s capital raising and other funding activities in respect of the acquisition and takeover panel proceedings).
- The Trust Company – acting for The Trust Company on contested takeover bid and ultimate acquisition by Perpetual of The Trust Company by way of scheme of arrangement
- General Electric Company: various transactions including sale of GE's A$8.2billion Australian consumer finance business through a competitive sale process (now known as Latitude Financial Services)
- Australia Post: various transactions including A$400m acquisition of StarTrack Express from Qantas and associated unwinding of joint venture arrangements, acquisition of SecurePay payment gateway business and joint venture arrangements with Singapore –based Alpha Payments Cloud and Australia based courier business MailPlus
- Future Fund: various transactions including A$1 billion acquisition of AIX’s airport assets and several smaller infrastructure and venture capital investments
- Equity Trustees Limited: various transactions including its acquisition of Sandhurst Trustees
Revlon Inc: various matters, including acquisition of Australian distribution business and various other corporate matters