Richard Snowden is a tax partner in the Sydney office and has over 35 years experience in the application of taxation law in the areas of federal income tax, goods and services tax and state taxes.
Richard is the adviser to a number of major domestic and foreign corporations in a range of different industries on domestic and international tax issues and has been involved in many large M&A transactions.
Richard is a recognised specialist in the financial services and funds management sectors where he regularly advises on range of issues including debt and capital raisings, structured and financial products, leasing and hybrid securities.
Richard is a well-known taxation author for numerous publications and has regularly presented at seminars regarding the financial services and funds management industries.
He has also been a key tax adviser to Federal and State Treasuries on tax reform and liaised extensively with Government on behalf of industry and professional associations.
He is recognised as a leading tax lawyer in Chambers, Best Lawyers, World Tax and Who’s Who Legal.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted as a Solicitor and Barrister in the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of the Business Law Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of the Taxation Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Member of the Taxation Advisory Panel to the Federal Court of Australia