Rachael is the Partner in Charge of the Canberra office of KWM and a member of our national telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology team. Rachael has experience in large-scale systems integration projects, software licensing, telecommunications contracting and other large commercial contracts involving regulated infrastructure, IT procurement and technology related services agreements. Rachael has significant experience in Commonwealth procurement (acting for both vendors and the Commonwealth). She has advised the Commonwealth on issues arising under the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, the Intellectual Property Principles and other Commonwealth legal and policy requirements. Rachael has also acted for tenderers and has negotiated with the Commonwealth in relation to significant Commonwealth ICT procurement contracts.
Show moreShow less
- Department of Finance - Acting as legal advisor to the Department on the whole of government travel services procurement (2013/2014)
- Department of Human Services - Advising the Department on the replacement of its Child Support System and the associated procurement of systems integration services for that project; advising the Department in relation to its software licensing arrangements with SAP and other vendors
- Australian National Audit Office - Advising in relation to the ANAO’s IP policy developed in accordance with the Commonwealth IP Principles; review of standard suite of contracts to ensure compliance with Commonwealth Procurement Rules and Commonwealth law and policy requirements; assisting the ANAO to update its procurement documentation (RFTs and draft contracts complete with plain English notes on significant legal points to help the user correctly complete the documentation); advising the ANAO in relation to various performance audits
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development - Advising on the Department’s procurement of digital TV services for the Indian Ocean Territories
- Telstra Corporation Limited - Advising Telstra in relation to its tenders for various Commonwealth government ICT projects, including managed telecommunications services and whole of government arrangements; advising on various wholesale telecommunications contracts for regulated and unregulated services (fixed line and mobile); advising on regulatory issues arising under various telecommunications legislation and industry codes; advising in relation to the implementation of the Definitive Agreements between Telstra and NBN Co in relation to the migration of services to the NBN
- ActewAGL - Advising in relation to the divestment of ActewAGL’s wholly owned company, Ecowise; advising on major projects and contracts in relation to ActewAGL’s retail and distribution gas activities in the ACT; advising in relation to ActewAGL’s gas access arrangements.
- Law Society of the Australian Capital Territory.
- July 2014 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- 2012 - July 2014: Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons
- 2002 - 2012: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- March 2007 - September 2007: Acting General Counsel, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 2004 - present: Member, ACT Racing Appeals Tribunal
- 2001 - 2007: Canberra Pro Bono and Community Programs Coordinator, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 1999 - 2002: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 1996 - February 1999: Solicitor, Clayton Utz
- 1996: Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University; awarded the Mallesons Stephen Jaques prize for Legal Workshop
- 1995: Bachelor of Arts and Laws (Hons), Australian National University.