Paul Smith is the Head of our Australian Banking & Finance Team and is based at King & Wood Mallesons' Sydney office.
Paul specialises in securitisation and structured finance, and regularly acts for issuers, managers, originators, servicers and arrangers of transactions in the Australian, Euro and US financial markets.
- Acts for Commonwealth Bank and BankWest in respect of securitisation transactions, including the Swan Series 2010-1 Trust and the Swan Series 2010-2 Trust.
- Acts for Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited on a range of transactions including ANZ client transactions and securitisations of ANZ assets.
- Acts for The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in relation to securitisation conduit programmes and structured finance transactions.
- Acts for FirstMac Limited in relation to their domestic and offshore residential mortgage programme.
- Acts for Columbus Capital Pty Limited in relation to its securitisation platform for residential mortgages.
- Acts for RHG Limited in relation to its domestic and offshore securitisation programme.
Show moreShow less
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) University of New South Wales.
- Partner at Mallesons since January 2009.
- Summer Clerk at Mallesons from 1998 - 1999. Worked full time as a law graduate, solicitor and Senior Associate from May 2000 to December 2008.
- Seconded to London office of Australian bank for four months in 2002.
- International Financial Law Review
- Australian Securitisation Forum
- Law Society of New South Wales.