Nicole Heller is a Partner in our Sydney centre where she specialises in commercial transactions involving information technology, telecommunications, outsourcing, procurement and intellectual property.
Nicole has expertise across a range of industries including telecommunications, banking and financial services, resources, infrastructure and manufacturing. Nicole also specialises in government contracting, having acted for both government organisations and government contractors.
Nicole also acts on corporate and M&A transactions, with a particular focus on IP and IT issues and structuring, strategic alliances, joint ventures and ongoing supply arrangements.
Nicole is recommended as a leading practitioner in the areas of Telecommunications and Technology in the Guide to the World's Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Lawyers 2015 and The Expert Guide to Women in Business Law, 2014, Government contracting in Who’s Who Legal 2015, in Information Technology, Intellectual Property, Outsourcing and Telecommunications in Best Lawyer 2016, and in Technology, Media and Telecommunications in Doyle’s Guide 2015.
Show moreShow less
- Telstra - : acted for Telstra in relation to its agreements with NBN Co to facilitate the building of the National Broadband Network, including the renegotiation of those agreements in 2014 to facilitate new government policy
- NSW Government - : acting in relation to outsourcing of finance, HR and IT Services currently performed by ServiceFirst
- NorthWestern Roads Group - : acted on agreements for the replacement of WestlinkM7’s tolling system and provision of NorthConnex’ tolling system through design, delivery and operation of a tolling bureau (as-a-service) solution
- Telstra - : acted for Telstra in its 15 year agreement with the Queensland Government to build and operate a new emergency services network
- Woolworths - : acted on outsourcing of IT infrastructure services to WIPRO
- Queensland Office of State Revenue - : implementation of new SAP based revenue management system
- QR National - : acted in relation to IT transition arrangements with Queensland Rail relating to separation and float of QR National
- Westpac - : outsourcing of administration of Altitude loyalty program
- International bank - : new data centre agreements
- Queensland Racing - : ten year broadcasting rights agreement with SKY for thoroughbred racing in Queensland.
- 1993: Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Laws (University Medal), University of NSW
- 1992 - 1994: Paralegal / Solicitor, Freehill Hollingdale & Page
- 1995 - 1997: Solicitor, Stephen Blanks & Associates
- 1997 - 1998: Solicitor / Manager, Andersen Legal
- 1998 - 2002: Solicitor / Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2003 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney / Brisbane.
- NSW Society for Computers and the Law
- International Technology Law Association.