Nicholas Pappas is a senior partner in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and commercial advice. He also advises extensively on joint venture structures and on mining projects.
Nicholas has been ranked as one of the world’s best lawyers by Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 in which clients describe him as a “superb lawyer with a practical approach and the answer to any question you throw at him” and “People trust his word and advice”. He has also been nominated by Best Lawyers in Australia in 2016 in the areas of Corporate Law, Energy, M&A, Mining, Natural Resources and Oil & Gas.
- Acts generally for Glencore on all mergers and acquisitions and general commercial work.
- Acts for Genesee & Wyoming Australia on all aspects of its business including corporate, commercial and rail aspects
- Advices Glencore generally in relation to its Hunter Valley Coal operations including the acquisition of a joint venture interest in Coal & Allied
- Advices Glencore generally on all aspects of its businesses including its Copper, Zinc, Coal, Oil and Agricultural operations
- Advised on Glencore’s economic joint venture with Evolution Mining
- Advised on the Sale of Glencore’s rail business
- Acted for BHP Billiton in the restructure of its Illawarra Coal assets as part of the proposed listing of BHP Steel
- Acted for Xstrata plc on all aspects of its businesses
- 1982: Bachelor of Laws degree, University of Sydney
- 1983: Master of Laws degree, University of Sydney
- 1999 – 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2012 – present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney