Miriam is a special counsel in our M&A group who has a specific focus on corporate governance advisory matters and regulatory investigations. Miriam has advised a number of leading companies on governance matters recently including AMP, Westpac, Dexus, Telstra, Infigen and nib and regularly advises clients on listing rule issues and employee share plans.
Miriam also maintains a transactional practice consistently delivering a high level of attention to detail on major transactions ensuring every element is covered throughout the transaction process. With a demonstrated high level of technical corporate law knowledge, Miriam can advise on and share this technical knowledge through a commercial lens with ease. Miriam has wide ranging negotiation experience, with a deep understanding of the relevant commercial drivers.
Miriam also plays a critical role in KWM’s leading thought leadership publications, including OnBoard and Directions which delve into what is top of mind for corporate Australia
Corporate Governance Advisory
- AMP: Advising the board of AMP on ongoing governance issues including matters arising in the Financial Services Royal Commission, 2018.
- Westpac: General corporate advisory work, particularly in relation to regulatory and executive employment matters.
- Telstra: General corporate advisory work, particularly in relation to regulatory matters.
- Infigen: Advising on the treatment of share plans in a change of control scenario.
- nib: Advising on all governance related matters since listing including share plans, AGMs and executive remuneration.
- FlexiGroup: Advising on governance related matters including share plans and AGMs.
- NWRG: Acting for the North Western Roads Group since 2014 in preparing its equity documents and shareholding structure in relation to the construction of the NorthConnex and providing continuing advice in relation to governance issues.
Mergers & acquisitions
- Zurich: Acting for Zurich since 2007 on a range of transactions including its acquisition of ANZ’s life insurance business, OnePath Life, its acquisition of Cover-More Group Limited by scheme of arrangement, its sale of Lonsec, its sale of Financial Lifestyle Solutions, the merger of DKN Financial Group Limited and Lonsdale Financial Group Limited, and its sale of Wrap Account Limited to DKN Financial Group Limited.
- nib: Acting for nib since 2007 on a range of transactions including the establishment of the Maestro joint venture, acquisition of QBE’s travel insurance business, acquisition of World Nomads Group, and its IPO/listing on ASX.
- Lion: Acting for Lion Group on a range of transactions including the purchase of its interest in Four Pillars.
- Charles Schwab: Acting for the Charles Schwab Group in relation to its Australian interests.
- 2020: NSW - Australia (expires 30 June 2021)
- 2011: High Court - Australia
- 2007: Supreme Court - NSW - Australia