Mikkeli is a Special Counsel in the Dispute Resolution group in Melbourne.
He is a general commercial litigator with significant experience in contractual disputes in superior courts in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, and in private arbitrations, invariably in relation to mining, gas and infrastructure projects.
Acting for companies including BHP, Telstra, Cat and NAB, Mikkeli has also gained broad experience in relation to competition, product liability, personal injury, tort, design infringement and sale of business claims.
Mikkeli has also acted for AXA APH and Mitchell Communications on high-profile schemes of arrangement in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for a gas pipeline owner in the first gas transport price arbitration under the National Gas Rules.
- Acting for Telstra in relation to proceedings to restrain Optus from publishing misleading ads.
- Acting for Lochard in relation to a $900m dispute over the sale of gas storage facility.
- Acting for an HDD drilling contractor in arbitration proceedings in relation to a significant contractual dispute.
- Acting for a client in relation to major fraud investigation.