Michael Causer is a partner in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in environmental, planning and valuation law focused upon real estate, infrastructure and resources projects.
Michael's work encompasses environmental and project approvals, land access and compensation, native title, planning and local government, threatened species, heritage, contaminated land, pollution law, hazardous substances and dangerous goods. He acts for mining companies, property developers, statutory authorities, and State and Local Government.
Michael completed a Master of Commerce (Honours) with his thesis focused upon government intervention in the export of iron ore in the 1950s. Prior to joining King & Wood Mallesons, Michael was a part time lecturer in Economics at Queensland University of Technology.
Show moreShow less
- Residential and commercial projects: advising, and representing in appeals, AMP Capital Investors, Westfield, Australand, and State and local government
- Land tax and rates: advising, and representing in appeals, AMP Capital Investors, Australand, Orica, Colonial First State, Brickworks Limited and Stockland
- Compensation: advising, and representing in appeals, the NSW Minister for Planning; Sydney Water; Sydney University; and the Commonwealth Bank
- Mining, Electricity and Oil and Gas: Energy Australia; Xstrata Coal; Chevron; and BHPB
- Native Title: Energy Australia; and Xstrata Coal.
- Partner, King & Wood Mallesons - 2012 - present
- Solicitor and Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney Office - 1999 to 2011
- Master of Commerce (Honours), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of New South Wales.