Megan Coall is focussed on providing mergers and acquisitions clients with exceptional-quality strategic advice, aimed at achieving the best transactional outcomes possible. Clients benefit from her wealth of international experience representing public and private entities, funds and private equity houses on cross-border deals.
Particularly noteworthy is her knowledge of joint venture structures and infrastructure, offtake and royalty and streaming arrangements found in complex resources-sector projects. Megan’s skill is a commercially focussed problem-solving capacity, which allows her to create legal solutions ensuring the components of any deal or project work seamlessly together, to achieve their objective.
- Glencore - on mergers and acquisitions and general commercial matters.
- Adevinta - on Australian aspects of its proposed US$9.2b acquisition of eBay Classifieds Group, including Gumtree and Carsguide Australia.
- China Molybdenum - on its US$550m gold and silver streaming deal for Northparkes Mines with Triple Flag Precious Metals.
- China Molybdenum - on its US$820m acquisition of Rio Tinto's interest in Northparkes Mines.
- Confidential bidder - on its bid to acquire Shell’s interest in the Queensland Curtis LNG Common Facilities.
- While based at a leading US law firm in London between 2015 and 2019, representation of various funds and private equity houses on mergers and acquisitions, including in the industrials, consumer, financial services, healthcare and technology sectors.
- Law Society of New South Wales