Matthew Coull is a Partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions team in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons.
Matthew specialises in private equity, venture capital, public and private M&A, together with capital markets transactions. Matthew also regularly advises on joint ventures, reconstructions and general corporate law.
Matthew has represented clients with interests in a wide range of industries, including technology, healthcare, financial services, resources, manufacturing and FMCG.
- Pemba Capital Partners on its acquisitions of Bepoz, Revolution IT and Shelde and subsequent merger of Revolution IT and Shelde
- Navis Capital on its exit of Retail Apparel Group and on its acquisition of Device Technologies
- Livingbridge on its acquisition of TSA Management
- CPE Capital on its sales of ATF, Pepperstone, Golding Contractors, Alleasing, Centric Wealth, International Energy Services and United Malt Holdings, and on its acquisitions of Pepperstone, Axieo, ATF, Alleasing and Blue Star Print Group.
- The Growth Fund on its acquisition of Best Health
- Quadrant Private Equity on its acquisition of Jetts Fitness and Fullerton Health (Australia)
- Investec on its sale of Gerard Lighting
- Non-institutional shareholders on the sale of Betashares
- Pacific Biotechnologies Ltd on its capital raising and restructuring
- Advent Private Equity on its restructure and sale of Orionstone
- Mercury NZ on its proposed acquisition of Active Stream
- CHAMP Ventures on its acquisition of a majority interest in Australian Institute of Management Education and Training.
- Gresham Private Equity on its sale of Silk Logistics Group and on its acquisition of Barminco.
- CVC Asia Pacific on its acquisition, restructure and recapitalisation of the Stella Group.
- Catalyst Investment Managers on its sale of Valley Longwall.
- Ironbridge Capital on the public to private acquisition of Bravura Solutions Limited
- MLC Private Equity on various venture capital investments.
- Intermediate Capital on its mezzanine funding and warrant instrument in Steel Line Group.
- Brockwell on various underwritings of warranty and indemnity insurance.
- Liberty Global Transaction Solutions on various underwritings of warranty and indemnity insurance
- Axieo on its acquisition of SST Australia and Quantum Chemicals.
- Global professional services firm on the internal restructure of its Asia Pacific management consulting business.
- United Technologies Corporation on its acquisition of Electra Lifts and ILS, the sale of its static and mobile guards businesses and the restructure of its Australian operations.
- Puma Energy on its acquisitions of Ausfuel and the PNG oil refining and distribution operations from Interoil.
- Bradken Limited on its placement and share purchase plan and various strategic transactions.
- Westpac on its public listing of subordinated capital notes.
- Fonterra on its Australian IPO of its Fonterra Shareholders Fund.
- RBS on its divestment of a 50% interest in RBS Morgans stockbroking business.
- BHP Billiton on its acquisition of HWE Newman mining services.
- Oil States International on its acquisition of civeo by scheme of arrangement.
- Macquarie Funds Group on its investment in Rismark.
- KordaMentha on the disposal of Pure Logistics (in receivership).
Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia.
Law Society of New South Wales.
Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales.
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
2016: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney
2007: Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney
2002: International law firm, London, England
2001: Master of Laws, Cambridge University, England
1999: National New Zealand law firm.