Mark Bayliss is a Partner in King & Wood Mallesons' Real Estate group in Sydney, where he specialises in Australian and Asia regional real estate private equity and other real estate capital markets initiatives and transactions.
He is a key member of the firm's highly regarded Real Estate practice recently rated ‘One of the best in the market’ by Chambers Asia Pacific. Mark has diverse experience acting for real estate private equity sponsors and managers, and other investors, developers and non-bank financiers in their Australian and Asia regional capital raising, partnering and other growth initiatives, as well as in relation to their investment, development and financing activities.
Show moreShow less
- Invesco - as investment manager for Chinese sovereign wealth fund CIC, on CIC's first direct investment in commercial real estate in Australia
- Challenger - as manager for a middle eastern sovereign wealth fund, on its joint investment with Federation Centres in a portfolio of regional shopping centres
- Pramerica Real Estate Investors - as manager for a German fund, on its mezzanine debt investment into a residential development project in Sydney
- GE Capital Real Estate - on its Australian real estate debt portfolio – including loans to Blackstone and Pacific Alliance Group
- DEXUS - on its off market acquisition of a portfolio of fund and direct commercial real estate interests
- Lendlease managed Australian Prime Property Fund, and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) - on their joint investment in the Barangaroo urban redevelopment project, Sydney
- Ascendas - on its acquisition of the assets of and managements rights to the Mirvac Wholesale Hotel Fund, and the subsequent IPO and listing of the assets of that fund on the SGX (via the Ascendas Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust)
- Securus Data Property Fund - on its investments into data centre assets in Brisbane and Sydney
- LaSalle Investment Management - on its co-investment in development projects sponsored by leading local developers Leightons, Australand and Toga
- RREEF Real Estate - on its acquisition of the iconic ‘ASX Building', Sydney, for a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund
- Pramerica Real Estate Investors - as manager for a South Korean sovereign wealth fund, on that fund's acquisition of an institutional grade commercial office asset in Melbourne
- CLSA Capital Partners - on its acquisition of institutional grade commercial office assets in Sydney and Melbourne
- GE Capital Real Estate - on its limited partner commitment to a private opportunity fund targeting technology sector focused real estate assets, and subsequent IPO and listing on the SGX.
- Property Council of Australia (PCA)
- Asia Pacific Real Estate Association (APREA)
- Law Society of New South Wales.
- 2013 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney - Projects & Real Estate
- 2010 - 2013: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney - Real Estate, Construction & Environment.
- 2006 - 2010: Legal Counsel, GE Capital Real Estate, Sydney and Singapore.
- 2004 - 2006: Solicitor and Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney - Real Estate Projects & Investments.
- 2001 - 2004: Solicitor, Buddle Findlay, New Zealand - Real Estate and Structured Real Estate Finance.
- 2001: Bachelor of Laws and Commerce degrees, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand.