Mandy specialises in insurance law and has acted for a number of domestic and international clients on contentious and non-contentious insurance matters.
Mandy’s experience includes advising on insurance products, coverage issues and insurance disputes, in particular in relation to directors and officers liability claims. She also advises on and negotiates the insurance aspects of complex major transactions and projects. As insurance issues arise on all different types of transactions, she has advised on a large variety of matters including PPPs, large scale insurance disputes and transactional liability insurance cover. Mandy works with multinational corporations where her work includes advising on proposed insurance programmes and corporate restructuring, undertaking due diligence on insurance programmes for large corporate mergers and acquisitions and privatisations.
Mandy’s practice includes substantial regulatory advice work and the preparation of submissions to regulators of local insurers, intermediaries and other manufacturers and distributors of risk management facilities. Her clients include major insurers where she provides strategic advice on regulatory regimes.
- Zurich Financial Services Australia: Advised Zurich on its recent acquisition of the Wealth Australia life insurance business from ANZ.
- Insurance Australia Group: Transactional documents and quota share arrangement as part of a strategic relationship arrangement. The 10 year quote share arrangement may have been the largest quota share insurance contract ever written.
- Advised the underbidder for the Wesfarmers general insurance business through a competitive sale process
- Regulatory advice work and preparation of submissions to regulators of local insurers, intermediaries and other manufacturers and distributors of risk management facilities.
- Northern Territory Government: Strategic advice on the insurance aspects and risk allocation of its correctional precinct project, which was the first social infrastructure PPP delivered in the Northern Territory.
- Medibank Health: Strategic advice on the insurance aspects and risk allocation of an outsourcing agreement; their professional indemnity insurance arrangements which apply under a contract with National Health Call Centre Network Limited for GP After Hour Service; their professional indemnity insurance arrangement in relation to their employee medical practitioners.
- Multinational corporations: Advising on directors’ and officers’ liability policies’ responsiveness in complex claims.
- Major insurers and insureds: Drafting and negotiating insurance products, in particular directors and officers liability policies and professional indemnity policies.
- Large corporations: Advising a range of clients on insurance claims including under professional indemnity, public liability and construction insurance policies. Advised on large insurance claims in relation to damage on mines in Australia.
“The group also oversaw policy reviews and non-contentious work matters with the support of the ‘very smart’ senior associate Mandy Tsang, who is noted for her ‘great drafting skills and excellent in-depth knowledge of the field’.” - Legal 500 - Next Generation Lawyers - Insurance