Leah Ranie is a tax partner who advises major Australian and multinational clients on the stamp duty and GST aspects of M&A and structured real estate and infrastructure transactions.
- Dexus – advising dexus on complex stamp duty matters for a number of years, including advising on the stamp duty implications of the Commonwealth Office Property Fund and their bids for the Investa Office Fund.
- Frasers Property Group – advising the Frasers property group (formerly Frasers) for a number of years, including advising on the stamp duty implications of the initial public offering of the Frasers Industrial & Logistics Trust on the Singapore Exchange.
- Scentre Group – advising Scentre group for a number of years including on the creation of Scentre Group out of the Westfield Group and, most recently, their acquisition and development of the David Jones building in Sydney.
- AMP – advised on the GST and stamp duty aspects of the re-development of Quay Quarter in Sydney.
- Brookfield – advised on the GST and stamp duty implications of the acquisition and redevelopment of Wynyard Place.
- Grocon – advised Grocon on the acquisition of rights to develop the Central Barangaroo precinct in Sydney.
- Lion – advised Lion on the stamp duty implications of a number of acquisitions and divestments including the divestment of its wine business in 2017.
- Pembroke – advising on Pembroke’s acquisition of interests in metallurgical coal tenements from Peabody Energy and CITIC Resources.