Kirsten is a partner in the M&A team specialising in commercial matters with a focus on technology, intellectual property and data protection. She works for clients across a range of industries including telecommunications, infrastructure, energy, finance, education and government providing strategic commercial advice.
Kirsten has over 20 years’ experience assisting clients with a broad range of strategic technology, outsourcing and procurement projects, including complex outsourcing arrangements, agile project delivery and devops support, complex system implementations, digital transformations and strategic sourcing. Kirsten advises clients on data protection, cyber security, privacy and has an interest in adoption of new technologies such as drones, internet of things, AI and automation. She regularly advises clients on commercialisation and licensing of intellectual property and collaboration and data sharing arrangements. She also has experience assisting clients with corporate transactions including buying or selling technology or data rich assets and supporting the transitional aspects of larger corporate transactions.
- DJAG: assisting with the preparation of a bespoke QITC contract for a major SaaS solution procurement and implementation, assisting with tender evaluation and negotiating the contract with the preferred tenderer.
- Telstra: advising on a range of strategic IT and procurement contracts over almost 20 years. These projects include Telstra’s IT outsourcing arrangements, agreements to support digital transformation, transition to agile and devops and a range of supporting arrangements. Other projects included a range of customer side infrastructure and services agreements including the Queensland Government Wireless Network and a range of GITC and QITC contracts (including whole of government panels). Assistance has also been provided to Telstra with contracts relating to new technologies, which include agreements such as a joint trial of C-ITS technology for autonomous vehicles.
- Transurban: acting on a range of strategic infrastructure, IT and general commercial projects as well as ongoing support on regulatory, Intellectual Property and privacy and data issues. Some of these projects included the procurement and operational integration of AirportLink, advising on the successful bid to provide a tolling capability to the State in relation to the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing and a strategic business critical system implementation project. Also advised Transurban on new technologies including autonomous vehicles, use of drones, GPS technology and C-ITS.
- Queensland Health: advising on a strategic project for the state wide rollout of diagnostic equipment and automation.
- Department of Justice: assisting with the tender and negotiation of an agile contract for the procurement of platform based enterprise capability and implementation of initial minimum viable products.
- Corelogic: advising Corelogic on a range of data licensing arrangements as well as small acquisitions and disposals of data or technology rich targets. Also advise on a range of general commercial and compliance issues.
- Medibank Private: advising on number of strategic outsourcing agreements with the commonwealth government.
- DITID – QCN Fibre: advised on the establishment of the arrangements to support the jointly-owned subsidiary of Powerlink Queensland and Energy Queensland, designed to utilise 6000km of state-owned fibre to boost connectivity and reduce costs for regional users.
- GOCs and Government authorities: advising a range of Government owned corporations and authorities (such as GPC and GAWB) on a range of IT, procurement, IP and general commercial matters, including contracting under GITC and QITC.
- QGC: assisting with the strategic sourcing of long lead time items required for the field works, assisting with regulatory advice and contracts relating to the establishment of microwave field telecommunication services and procuring a broad range of IT services in regional Queensland.
- Glencore: advising on a range of commercial, IT and strategic sourcing arrangements including IT outsourcing arrangements to support regional mine sites, shiploading contracts, global supply arrangements for strategic procurements such as heavy equipment and tyres.
- Bank of Queensland: assisting with strategic procurement of services to transform its retail and commercial loan processing services. Kirsten assisted from the procurement strategy, through tender and contract drafting, tender evaluation and downselection and through to contract negotiation and sign off. The solution provided was innovative and also required the provision of IP advice to support the transaction.
- TAFE Queensland: advising on hosting, end user computing, service desk, network and security services under GITC and stand-alone arrangements.
- University of Queensland: advising on a range of IT contracts and strategic advice on Telecommunications Act and application to university infrastructure.