Katherine is a Partner in our Perth Projects team. Katherine has extensive experience in front end projects work with a particular emphasis on major infrastructure in the energy, resources and transportation sectors.
She specialises in the negotiation and documentation of contractual arrangements for major projects including EPC contracts, construction contracts, project agreements, procurement and supply agreements, civil works agreements, concessions, utility arrangements and consultancy agreements.
Katherine advises in relation to all aspects of project delivery from risk analysis, project planning and strategy, project structuring and procurement options, development of appropriate contractual delivery structures, risk assessment and allocation, tendering and bid assessment, contract preparation and negotiation.
Katherine acts for a range of clients including government, energy, resources and mining companies, contractors, financiers, owner groups and industry professionals with a focus on providing commercially tailored solutions on high value and complex construction and development projects.
Katherine also provides contract administration, claims management and strategy advice and disputes assistance including in relation to the CCA.
Specialties: Major Projects, Infrastructure, PPPs, property development, mining & resources.
Show moreShow less
- West Pilbara Iron Ore Project: Advising Aurizon on the development of port and rail infrastructure for the West Pilbara Iron Ore Project
- Gateway Upgrade Project: Advising Queensland Motorways and the Department of Transport and Main Roads on the design and constructions of the Gateway Upgrade Project
- Transurban: Advised Transurban on its acquisition of Queensland Motorways
- Sydney Light Rail PPP: Advising the financiers to a consortium bidding for Sydney Light Rail
- Perth Stadium PPP: Acting for the financiers of the successful Westadium consortium for the Perth Stadium PPP
- Yarnima Power Station: Advising BHP Billiton in relation to its power arrangements at Port Hedland and its design and construction arrangements and O&M agreement for the Yarnima Power Station
- Mirvac - Karratha City of the North: Advising on the $1.5 bn project to deliver the transformation of Karratha from a resource town into a regional city of 50,000 residents, in partnership with the WA Government
- Old Treasury Building: Advising Mirvac on the design and construction aspects of the Old Treasury Building redevelopment in Perth
- Barangaroo development: Advising CPPIB and Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial (and its separate investment vehicle) – structuring and funding of the Barangaroo (commercial, retail and residential) development in Sydney
- BHPB: Assisting with claims strategy, negotiating supply contracts and operations and maintenance, responding to contractor claims (including under the CCA) and termination of contracts.
- Partner, King & Wood Mallesons - 2013 - Present
- Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques - 2009 - 2013
- Solicitor, State Solicitor's Office, Perth - 2004-2007
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours)/Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Australia - 2003.