- Advising banks and other credit providers on the new National Consumer Credit Protection regime and on the proposed National Unfair Contract Terms regime
- Assisting financial institutions in dealing with AUSTRAC regarding enforceable undertakings
- Acting for an Australian ADI in a dispute with ASIC relating to credit card issuance
- Advising major financial institutions and corporates on the introduction of the Financial Services Reform Act
- Advising numerous financial institutions and corporates on implementing the Private Sector Privacy regime, including documentation, systems issues, business process design, compliance and training
- Advising GE Capital on the creation of the Coles Myer Card program
- Advising numerous financial institutions on the implementation of the Consumer Credit Code, Code of Banking Practice and Financial Services Reform Bill
- Establishment of National Australia Bank’s HomeSide mortgage banking/mortgage servicing business and GE Mortgage Solutions mortgage business
- Acquisitions, divestments, and funding of financial services businesses and assets: GE Capital Corporation acquisition of ARFN; National Australia Bank reconstruction of Custom Credit
- E-commerce projects: third party billing services, smart cards, domain name disputes, web site establishment, electronic applications, disclosures and contracting for banks and other institutions
- Co-branded card products and card based loyalty schemes: Fly Buys, GM Card, National Gold Rewards, Stockbroker/fund manager branded cards
- Financial services outsourcing: statement production and archiving, global credit card processing, mortgage outsourcing, payment processing - cheque payment and collection, direct entry, Bpay
- Corporate and property finance: budget $80 million facility from ANZ; NAB finance of Tweed Heads Shopping Centre Redevelopment.
Katherine has presented a number of conference papers on consumer credit, insurance and privacy law.
- Member of Law Council of Australia Financial Services Sub-Committee, 1998- present
- 1996: Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, Securities Institute of Australia
- 1990: Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Science, University of Melbourne.