Kate has a transactional and advice-based practice, with extensive experience in drafting and negotiating long-term strategic commercial agreements, long term-term services contracts and transaction documents, advising clients on regulatory issues, complex deal management and due diligence. Kate primarily advises in various infrastructure industries, including telecommunications, IT and transport.
Kate has also been on two long-term secondments, worked as a Senior Associate for the Wholesale Markets division and the UK Listing Authority at the Financial Services Authority in London, and obtained her Masters in Law from the University of Cambridge.
- Telstra: Acted for Telstra on its engagement of a series of strategic and business-critical third party suppliers, including to support its digitisation program and its cost-reduction program
- Multi-jurisdictional regulatory advice: Advising an overseas satellite operator on the regulatory regime that applies to satellite activities in Australia and coordinating multi-jurisdictional responses
- Department of Premier and Cabinet: Advising on the privacy and data protection aspects of the Victorian Government’s implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Metro Trains Melbourne: Advising on and implementing its internal restructure and bid to extend its franchise of the passenger rail network in Melbourne
- Australia Post: Negotiating its international mail carriage contract
- Tenderer for ASIC services: Advising a shortlisted bidder on its tender for the Commonwealth Government’s proposed outsourcing of ASIC Registries
- Leighton Holdings: Advising on disposal of its telecommunications assets to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan