Karen Coleman is a consultant in our Sydney office where she specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
She has a strong academic background and an accomplished legal record in commercial litigation in Sydney and London. Karen practised in London from 1983 to 1989, in the last 2 years as a partner of Linklaters, and joined Mallesons Stephen Jaques as a partner in 1990.
Show moreShow less
- Contract, commercial and Trade Practices Act litigation
- Financial sector litigation: foreign exchange, interest rate swaps, managed investments, trusts, superannuation, life insurance, enforcement of loans and financial investments
- Financial fraud and asset tracing in Australia and many international jurisdictions including England, Jersey, Guernsey, Switzerland, the Continent and the Americas
- Cross-border litigation and evidence gathering
- Regulatory investigations and associated litigation
- Schemes of arrangement
- Competition litigation
- Tort/Environmental litigation
- Airline industry
- Class actions.
- AFR Australia's Best Lawyers as voted by their Peers 2009-2014
- Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Litigation Lawyers, 2012-2014
- International Who's Who of Commercial Litigators 2012-2014.
- 1978: Bachelor of Laws degree (Hons), University of Sydney
- 1978 - 1981: Solicitor, Clayton Utz, Sydney
- 1982: Master of Laws degree, University of London
- 1983 - 1989: Solicitor, Partner, Linklaters and Paines, London
- 1990 - February 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- March 2012 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney.