Juliana is an experienced litigator specialising in the area of construction litigation and commercial dispute resolution. She is known for her international multi-party insight, collaborative approach and commercial thinking, assisting clients in the development of issues identification and claims management strategies and advising on complex contractual and non-contractual disputes.
Juliana has acted on various disputes relating to oil and gas projects, major commercial and residential developments, rail and port operations, and electricity and gas disputes. While experienced in every aspect of dispute resolution, she specialises in achieving commercially sensible outcomes via alternative dispute resolution methods including adjudication, mediation and arbitration.
Show moreShow less
- Airport Expansion Project dispute (2014): advising major Airport in relation to its expansion projects, including acting on multiple adjudications.
- Contractor dispute: advising on a major LNG project to assist the client’s legal, contract administration and project teams to deal with the contractor’s claims, including preparing the final claim, and advising on short and long term strategy for proceedings to recover its outstanding claims following practical completion
- Onshore and offshore disputes: acting for major oil and gas companies in disputes relating to the construction of onshore and offshore gas production facilities
- Design defects dispute (2012): acting for BHP Billiton Iron Ore Pty Ltd relating to dispute with engineers regarding design defects in major housing development
- Preparation of a suite of contracts (2010): for major iron ore company in relation to decommissioning and demolition of major facility
- Demolition dispute (2008): acting for BHP Billiton Iron Ore Pty Ltd in relation to dispute regarding demolition of major production plant
- Railway project dispute (2007): acting for Leighton Contractors in multiple disputes regarding the construction of the Perth to Mandurah railway project, including acting as instructing solicitor on 6 week Supreme Court Trial
- Contractor dispute (2006): acting for Barclay Mowlem on its dispute relating to construction of Bulk Liquids Berth Jetty
- Rail and port operations disputes (2010): advising on various disputes concerning rail and port operations, including acting as instructing solicitor in a 10 day arbitration hearing
- Acting for major electricity providers (2011): in a dispute relating to power procurement process
- Acting for insurers:
- of an engineering firm in relation to a delay and disruption claim
- in relation to design and construction of major shopping centre and acting for insurers at mediation
- of sound recording studio in relation to building collapse and attending as Instructing Solicitor at 5 day Trial in the Royal Courts of Justice in England
- Property damage claim (2008): acting for major power provider in relation to million dollar property damage claim
- Negligence claims: acting for various professional indemnity insurers in relation to auditors and solicitors negligence claims
- Arbitration representation: acting for 20 reinsurers in relation to major power project and representing reinsurers at arbitration
- Policy coverage and indemnity issues: acting for various insurers and reinsurers advising on policy coverage and indemnity issues
- Acting for lead reinsurer: in relation to construction and erection of new gas exploration platform
- 1996: Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Murdoch University
- 1997: Articled Clerk, Bostock & Ryan, Perth
- 1998 - 1999: Solicitor - Blake Dawson Waldron, Perth
- 2000 - 2002: Solicitor - Beachcroft Wansbroughs, London
- 2001: Qualified Legal Transfer Test (In England and Wales)
- 2003: Senior Associate - Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Perth
- 2013 - present: Partner - King & Wood Mallesons.