Jim has over 30 years' experience in investment funds, products and services.
Jim advises on all legal and regulatory aspects. He assists clients to establish businesses in Australia, to develop products and to obtain licences. He also assists institutional investors to invest in investment funds and financial institutions to invest in financial services businesses (eg investing in boutique fund managers and buying, selling and integrating major funds management businesses and life companies).
He has chaired a number of industry body committees and regularly deals with government and regulators. Jim was named as a leading individual in numerous directories including in Investment Funds in Chambers and Partners - Australia 2011 - 2016 and in Financial Services Regulation in Chambers and Partners - Australia 2014 - 2016 editions.
Show moreShow less
- Transfer of life insurance risk business from Macquarie Life to Zurich (2016)
- Establishment of Qualitas Real Estate Opportunity Fund (2016)
- Majority investor into Pro-Invest Australian and NZ hotels funds (2016)
- Establishment of Australian Pacific Dairy Company and fund (2016)
- Restructure of 8 Caledonia Australian equity funds (2016)
- Investment by major investors into 3 Australian registered schemes (2016)
- IOOF sale of investment managers to Henderson (2015)
- 1985: Bachelor of Laws and Economics, University of Adelaide
- 1990: Securities Institute of Australia Diploma
- 1986 -1991: Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1991 - 1992: Secondment, Linklaters & Paines, London
- 1993 -1994: Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1995 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney.