Ian Edmonds-Wilson is a Partner in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in structured finance and securitisation transactions.
Ian is one of the leading securitisation lawyers in the region and acts for a wide range of clients including financiers, borrowers, issuers, trustees and underwriters in connection with their domestic and international debt capital markets transactions.
He is recommended in the area of Capital Markets: Securitisation by Chambers Asia Pacific 2016: "Ian Edmonds-Wilson is singled out as a 'highly experienced' practitioner and "one of the market leaders" in the securitisation area. He was also voted as the AFR's Lawyer of the Year in Structured Finance Law (Sydney, 2016).
Ian’s transaction experience includes:
- the establishment of Westpac Banking Corporation’s covered bond programme in Australia;
- the establishment of ABS programmes for both Westpac Banking Corporation and National Australia Bank and the inaugural issues under those programmes;
- the inaugural Rule 144A issues by each of RESIMAC and Pepper in connection with their RMBS programmes;
- multiple term RMBS transactions for each of Bendigo & Adelaide Bank,
- Liberty Financial and National Australia Bank;
- the establishment of new master trust programmes for each of Flexirent and Australian Finance Group and various warehouse and term securitisation transactions under those programmes;
- various private placement, term and warehouse transactions for a range of clients.