Heath Lewis advises on the full spectrum of M&A transactions (including public M&A), private equity and equity capital markets, with a particular emphasis on the energy & resources and agribusiness sectors. Heath has achieved recognition in AFR’s Best Lawyers in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate/Governance, Mining Law and Agribusiness & Rural Affairs
- Co-operative Bulk Handling: in respect of its response to the GrainCorp-backed takeover proposed by Australian Grains Champion, and CBH’s subsequent structure and governance review.
- Perth Markets: acting for the successful bidder, Perth Markets Limited (a consortium led by the Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries of WA), on the acquisition from the WA State Government of Market City, WA’s central wholesale trading and distribution hub for fruit and vegetables.
- Resource Capital Funds: on its recommended takeover of mining engineering company Ausenco Limited by way of scheme of arrangement, and associated financing arrangements.
- Gryphon Minerals: advising Gryphon Minerals, the owner of the Banfora Gold Project in Burkina Faso, on its recommended scheme of arrangement with TSX-listed Teranga Gold Corp.
- Vimy Resources: in respect of a $22m 3 tranche institutional placement, corner-stoned by RCF, and associated share purchase plan. This followed acting for Vimy Resources on its $30m funding package involving $5m equity, $10m royalty over Mulga Rock Uranium Project and $15m bridge facility.
- Talison Lithium Limited: advising Talison Lithium Limited in relation to the competing scheme of arrangement proposals for the takeover of Talison Lithium by Rockwood Holdings Inc, and then subsequently Chengdu Tianqi Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. The Tianqi proposal valued Talison at more than C$850m
- Co-operative Bulk Handling: advising Co-operative Bulk Handling, Australia's largest cooperative, in relation to the acquisition of Blue Lake Milling’s oats business in South Australian and Victoria
- TBG Agri Holdings Pty Limited, the Australian subsidiary of Tianma Bearing Group Co: on the acquisition of Wollogorang, a >700,000 hectares, 40,000 head cattle station in Queensland and the Northern Territory
- Cameco Corporation: on its US$430m acquisition of the Yeelirrie Uranium Project from BHP Billiton, including leading negotiations on the sale documentation, and shepherding the transaction through sensitive Federal and State approval processes
- 2015: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- 2007-2014: Partner, Clayton Utz
- 2004-2006: Associate, Slaughter and May (London)
- 1999-2004: Lawyer, Clayton Utz
- 1998: Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Western Australia
- 1998: Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia.
- The Law Society of Western Australia