Glenda Hanson is a Special Counsel in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons where she specialises in investment funds and financial services regulation. Her 20 years of experience in the firm's funds team ranges from major transactions in the listed market, to launching AQUA quoted products and managed investment schemes for both retail and wholesale investors.
Glenda has advised extensively on structuring and restructuring funds (including stapled structures), capital raising, licensing, disclosure, investment management, governance, compliance and custody. She has served on several FSC working groups, recently being involved with the attribution MIT reforms, and responses to the proposed corporate collective investment vehicle and product suitability and intervention laws.
Before joining Mallesons in 1996, Glenda worked in house for seven years with a small funds management business where her roles included legal and compliance manager and general manager.
- Westfield: $32 billion sale to Unibail-Rodamco – regulatory (2018)
- Walsh & Company: IPO of Evans & Partners Global Disruption Fund (2017)
- Lendlease: Capital raising for Barangaroo Tower 1 (2015)
- AMP Capital: Alliance with BetaShares for launch of exchange traded products (2015)
- State Street Australia: Implementation of new custody regime (2015)
- GDI Property Group: Initial public offer (2014)
- Westfield Group: Restructure to form Scentre Group and Westfield Corporation (2013)
- AMP Capital: Restructuring for integration with AXA business (2012)
- Westfield Retail Trust: $12 billion restructure of Westfield Group and IPO of new group (2010)
- Macquarie Cash Management Trust: unitholder meeting and restructure (2010)
- Law Society of NSW
- The Society of Notaries of NSW Inc.