Dominic Bortoluzzi is a partner in the Sydney office where he specialises in energy, project finance and infrastructure transactions. He advises corporates and financial institutions on the development, acquisition and financing of large infrastructure assets, with a focus on the gas, electricity and toll road sectors in Australia and Asia.
Dominic also leads the renewable energy team and guides energy and financial clients through the new regulations and government policies in the carbon market.
Show moreShow less
- BassWater bid for Victorian Desalination Plant - Acted for the Bank Group for the AUD$4.6 billion project
- RiverCity Motorway Consortium - Acted for the consortium in its successful bid and financing for the Brisbane AUD$1.9 billion North South Bypass Tunnel
- ETSA, Citipower and Powercor - Advising each borrower on acquisition financing and numerous subsequent bank debt and bond refinancings
- Energy Infrastructure Investments (a vehicle established by APA Group, Osaka Gas and Maurbeni) - Spin out from the Australian Pipelines Group and restructuring of its assets, together with the associated project financing (ALB 2008 Project Finance Deal of the Year)
- Advising NSW government generators on procurement of Cobbora coal mine
- Sydney Water - Procurement of long-term renewable energy supply for Sydney's desalination plant.
- Spark Infrastructure Group - Advising on financing of IPO and numerous subsequent refinancings.
- 1990: Bachelor of Laws and Arts degrees, Monash University
- 1991 - 1995: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 1995 - 1999: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 1995 - 1997: Allen & Overy, Hong Kong
- 1999 - 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 2012 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons.