Clifford Sandler is a Special Counsel with over 12 years’ legal experience in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investments and general corporate advisory work.
He has advised a range of Australian and offshore clients on matters including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, capital raisings and corporate restructurings.
Prior to joining King & Wood Mallesons in August 2007, Clifford trained and qualified as a corporate lawyer in South Africa.
- Corsair Infrastructure Partners - investment in DP World Australia
- Värde Partners – acquisition of BIS Industries through co-investment structure with Carlyle via a debt for equity swap.
- Consolidated Snacks Pty Limited (manufacturer of snack food products) – acquisition by listed Philippines company Universal Robina Corporation.
- Navis Capital – disposal of Retail Apparel Group (clothing retailer and wholesaler) to Johannesburg Stock Exchange listed The Foschini Group Limited.
- 3P Learning Limited on its IPO and bolt-on acquisitions in various jurisdictions.
- ongoing advice to an Australian listed company on joint venture arrangements in Thailand and Indonesia, and to an Australian professional education institution on its Australian and offshore interests.
Clifford also acted for Mallesons Stephen Jaques on its combination with King & Wood.
- July 2019 to present: Special Counsel, King & Wood Mallesons
- 2012 – June 2019: Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons
- 2007 – 2012: Solicitor and Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 2002 – 2007: Candidate Attorney, Attorney and Senior Associate, Bowman Gilfillan Inc, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2001: Bachelor of Laws (with honours), University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- 1999: Bachelor of Commerce, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg