Chris Pitson is a Partner in our Brisbane office where he specialises in commercial, retail and industrial real estate and in privatisation, infrastructure, energy, renewables and resources projects.
Chris has acted on deals and projects spanning Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory.
Chris’ insight spans an array of sectors and markets and the clients within his diversified portfolio are benefited by his ability to provide holistic and informed advice. Chris’ work spans traditional real estate, including land asset acquisition and sales, retail, commercial and industrial leasing, financing and joint venture structuring, and broader projects and resources matters, extending to infrastructure, renewable energy and mining projects.
Chris is recognised as a leading lawyer for Real Property Law in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Office acquisitions and divestments: acted for various clients on buy/sell of office assets in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne
- Retail acquisitions and divestments: acted for Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation in respect of the sale of a half interest in the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre; acted for Frasers Property Australia in respect of acquisition of additional 50% stake in Coorparoo Square Retail
- Office, industrial and retail leasing: head office leases for Queensland Treasury Corporation and SunWater Limited; industrial leasing for Charter Hall; industrial leasing for Frasers Property Australia; retail leasing for Soul Gold Coast
- Renewable energy, energy and resources: option documentation, contract documentation and due diligence for wind and solar farm sites in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, SA and Tasmania; property advice and due diligence on pipeline assets and mine assets; property advice and due diligence on power station refinances
- Privatisation/Infrastructure: documentation and due diligence for successful bidder on privatisation of Port of Darwin; documentation and due diligence for Sunshine Coast Regional Council on long term lease of Sunshine Coast Airport; due diligence for the proposed privatisation of the Port of Gladstone and the Port of Townsville with the Mt Isa Rail Line
- Complex tenure: advising on and documenting tenure arrangements for Gladstone Ports Corporation; advice on utility infrastructure tenure in the Australian Capital Territory; advice and documentation for SunWater; advice and documentation for SEQwater
- Queensland Law Society (QLS)
- Property Council of Australia (PCA)