Anne-Marie Neagle is a partner in the Melbourne office of King & Wood Mallesons where she specialises in securitisation, derivatives, hybrid, debt, convertible and structured capital markets transactions, and structured finance.
Her experience includes advising on the acquisition and securitisation of loan and leasing and other receivables, on hybrid capital instruments (including Tier 1 and Tier 2 hybrids) and other structured capital products, and on derivatives transactions.
Anne-Marie is named as a leading lawyer for Capital markets - structured finance and securitisation in the IFLR1000 Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms and for Derivatives and Debt Capital Markets Law in Best Lawyers in Australia, and has been shortlisted in the Euromoney Legal Media Group Australasian Women in Business Law Awards for best in Capital markets.
Anne-Marie has worked as a lawyer in the United Kingdom as well as Australia and has also worked as a sessional lecturer for the Law School at the University of Melbourne.
Show moreShow less
- Pepper - consortium acquisition, restructure and securitisation of PrimeCredit business in Hong Kong and China - 2015
- NAB - AUD300 million issuance of green bonds certified in accordance with the Climate Bond Standard - 2014
- FleetPartners - AUD277 million FP Turbo Series 2014-1 Trust Notes backed by finance, operating and novated auto lease receivables - 2014
- QBE - USD700 million Basel III and LAGIC compliant Tier 2 subordinated note issuance - 2014
- Joint lead managers - AUD304 million triple net lease securitisation - 2013
- Joint lead managers - AUD1 billion Colonial Group subordinated notes - 2012
- NAB - AUD1.17 billion retail Tier 2 subordinated note issuance - 2012
- Pepper - AUD5 billion securitisation financing of Pepper's acquisition of GE capital's Australian and New Zealand residential mortgage portfolio - 2011
- Joint lead managers - first ever Kangaroo RMBS (Headingley RMBS 2011-1) - 2011
- Bank of Queensland - as issuer of AUD150 million Lower Tier 2 convertible notes issued by private placement - 2010
- Arranger and cornerstone investor - as structurer of and investor in USD500 million Lower Tier 2 convertible notes issued by QBE by private placement - 2010
- Structuring Agent and Joint Lead Managers - as structurer and joint lead managers for QBE's USD850 million listed zero distribution yield accreting senior convertible securities due 2030 - 2010
- Arranger and cornerstone investor - as structurer of and investor in GBP157 million Lower Tier 2 convertible notes issued by IAG by private placement - 2010
- Asia Resources Fund - as investor in USD20 million multi-tranche convertible notes issued by AED Oil by private placement - 2010
- ANZ - as issuer of AUD1.7 billion Tier 1 convertible preference shares 2 - 2009
- NAB - as issuer of AUD500 million Tier 1 stapled securities by private placement - 2009
- NAB - as issuer of USD600 million Tier 1 step-up capital notes - 2009
- Numerous large financial institutions and hedging parties - as parties to hedging transactions and hedging restructures in connection with PPPs, project finance and other specialist lending transactions (including the Victorian Desalination Project and the Victorian Peninsula Link Project) - 2003-2011
- Macquarie Bank - as investor in multiple tranches of convertible securities - 2009
- BNZ - as issuer of NZ260 million NZ Tier One securities (also constituting Level 2 Tier 1 capital for NAB) - 2009
- Several large financial institutions - as parties to ongoing equity derivative and credit derivative matters - 2006-2009
- ANZ - as issuer of AUD600 million innovative Tier 1 convertible notes by private placement - 2008
- NAB - as issuer of AUD300 million Tier 1 stapled securities by private placement - 2008
- NAB - as issuer of AUD300 million innovative Tier 1 convertible notes by private placement - 2008
- ANZ - as issuer of AUD1,081 million Tier 1 convertible preference shares - 2008
- Suncorp-Metway - as issuer of AUD735 million Tier 1 convertible preference shares - 2008
- BNZ - as issuer of NZ450 million NZ Tier One securities (also constituting Level 2 Tier 1 capital for NAB) - 2008
- Dyno Nobel - as issuer of AUD300 million step-up preference securities - 2007
- ANZ - as issuer of GBP450 million mandatory convertible stapled non-innovative Tier 1 Securities - 2007
- Suncorp-Metway - in funding for Promina Group acquisition and subsequent issue of GBP200 million hybrid Lower Tier 2 notes through Vero Insurance Limited - 2007
- PaperlinX - as issuer of AUD285 million step-up preference securities - 2007
- NAB - as issuer of AUD400 million and EUR 400 million innovative hybrid Tier 1 securities - 2006
- Joint Lead Managers - GBP381 million securitisation of equity release residential mortgages - 2005
- Joint Lead Managers - Greene King GBP600 million whole of business securitisation and hedge book restructure - 2005
- Joint Lead Managers - Spirit Group GBP2.25 billion whole of business securitisation, financial restructure and hedge book restructure - 2004
- Joint Lead Managers - ANZ StEPS AUD1 billion Tier 1 hybrid securities - 2003
- NAB - as issuer of GBP400 million Tier 1 trust preferred securities - 2003.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Society of England and Wales.
- Master of Laws, The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), The University of Melbourne.