Andrew Erikson is a senior partner in our Melbourne office where he specialises in property law.
Andrew's practice focuses primarily on the areas of complex property development, large scale property investment, joint ventures, property trusts, large commercial and retail leasing, hotel investment and management, planned communities, land management and complex subdivision and titling matters. Andrew's practice is international, and he has spent considerable periods of time working in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, as well as Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States.
His client service philosophy, in-depth industry knowledge and experience and unparalleled project management skills mean that he has worked on some of the market's most significant property transactions in recent years.
Andrew is regularly nominated as one of the world’s best lawyers in the area of Real Estate by Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Best Lawyers in Australia.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 notes Andrew is “distinguished for his work with complex and large-scale property developments and investments. He earns praise from clients for his ‘outstanding communication skills, great subject matter expertise and understanding of client's businesses’”.
Show moreShow less
- The project management of large offshore acquisitions by the Future Fund and Australian listed property trusts, including the Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham, UK, Deutsche Telekom portfolio in Germany and Government Properties Trust Inc, a United States REIT
- The structuring and implementation of many landmark property development projects around Australia for large developers such as Grocon, APN Group, Stockland, Multiplex Developments and Springfield Land Corporation
- Tenure investigations and stucturing for oil, gas and mining projects, including easements and licences
- In the retail sector, significant property transactions, developments and leasing for Colonial First State, the Gandel group (including the merger of the Gandel group with Colonial First State), Lend Lease Retail and BB Retail Capital
- The complex titling and subdivision requirements for development projects such as No. 1 Martin Place, CH2 in Melbourne, Sydney GPO, Southgate and Emporium in Melbourne
- In the hospitality sector, major acquisitions and dispositions for the Carlton group and the Grollo group
- Specialist head office leases to many of Australia's and the world's largest corporate and government tenants, including Macquarie Bank, Holden, BHP Petroleum, BP Australia, IBM, Ernst & Young, Shell, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, the Victorian State Revenue Office, Gas and Fuel Corporation of Victoria and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Representing Asian investors in investing in and developing Australian assets including Fuxing Huiyu Real Estate Co Ltd, Financial Fook (Australia) Pty Ltd and XIZI United Holding Corporation.
- Springfield Land Corporation Pty Ltd (Special Adviser to the Board)
- Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Property Council of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria.
- 1977: Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Melbourne
- 1978: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1985: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1995 - 1998: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 1998 - 2002: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Brisbane
- 2002 - 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 2012 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons.