Amanda is a Partner in our Sydney office specialising in high profile commercial disputes particularly contentious regulatory, Government, financial services, Corporations Act, consumer protection and intellectual property.
Amanda has advised a breadth of major corporate clients and advises on commercial disputes in relation to ASIC and ACCC investigations, the Corporations Act, the Australian Consumer Law, statutory construction and contractual matters. Amanda also provides general advice to clients on misleading & deceptive conduct, passing off and advertising matters.
Amanda was included as a Next Generation Lawyer in the Legal 500 for 2017 and a Rising Star in Doyle’s Guide 2016.
Highlights of Amanda’s experience include representing:
- National Australia Bank in the defence of ASIC civil penalty proceedings alleging manipulation of the BBSW benchmark rate.
- A major accounting firm in class action proceedings in the Supreme Court of New South Wales alleging negligence and misleading or deceptive conduct.
- National Australia Bank in resolving an ASIC investigation of global foreign exchange trading through entry into an enforceable undertaking.
- Procter & Gamble Australia in successfully defending injunction proceedings concerning television advertising.
- LG Electronics Australia in a largely successful defence of a challenge to an integrated advertising campaign for LG Cinema 3D televisions – issues involved the use of humour and parody in advertising, the meaning of Full HD and the admissibility of survey evidence (Samsung Electronics v LG Electronics Australia  FCA 227).
- Member of the Australian Institute of Administrative Law
- Member of the Banking & Financial Services Law Association
- Member of the Commercial Law Association