Alex is a partner in Sydney's private equity team. Alex’s has expertise across all aspects of transactional work for private equity sponsors, including private M&A, shareholders and JV agreements, management equity plans and other equity structuring matters as well as broad corporate advisory experience. Alex also provides advice on corporate governance arrangements, corporate compliance and other Corporations Act matters, ancillary documentation and joint venture arrangements.
Alex has acted for many of the preeminent Global and Australian private equity firms including KKR, Apollo, Affinity Private Equity, Blackstone, PAG, Denham Capital, Quadrant Private Equity and CHAMP.
Alex has been recognised as a leading lawyer for private equity in Australia by Chambers Global since 2012. Client have praised Alex for being “very smart, can get to grips with complex issues very quickly, explain them simply and give very good advice." and "A fantastic lawyer who knows our business inside out".
• Acting for KKR on the acquisition of the Pepper Group
• Acting for KKR on the acquisition of the Dixon Hospitality Group.
• Advising Quadrant Private Equity and the other shareholders of Icon Cancer Care on the sale to a consortium comprising Goldman Sachs, QIC and Pagoda.
• Acting for Affinity Equity Partners on its acquisition of Ticketek.
• Advising Denham Capital on the establishment of coal and other mining investments.
• Advising Affinity Equity Partners on the joint venture of the Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
• Law Society of NSW