Adam Bartlett is a Special Counsel in our Canberra office specialising in:
- Energy and utilities - national electricity and gas law and local utilities regulation in the ACT, NSW and Queensland, contracting and projects and water regulation
- Approvals under Australia's foreign investment regime - Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act and Policy
- Airports - regulation and commercial transactions
- Venture capital funds - including Venture Capital Limited Partnerships and Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnerships
- Procurement and outsourcing - particularly IT, telecommunications and Defence contracting, acting for the Commonwealth and private clients seeking to do business with government
- Commonwealth funding programs - including the design, documentation and delivery mechanisms.
His approach is to work closely with his clients to gain a deep understanding of their business enabling him to provide targeted advice that assists them to achieve their objectives.
Adam's clients include energy and resources companies, telecommunication and technology providers, major service providers to the public sector, national and international corporations and funds investing in Australia, and Commonwealth departments and agencies specifically tasked with delivering government programs.
In November 2010 Adam was appointed to the position of Canberra Staff Partner. He has a First Class Honours degree in Computer Science from the Australian National University.
Show moreShow less
- ActewAGL - establishment of Australia's first multi-utility, combining assets and services of ACTEW and AGL to provide electricity, gas, water and sewerage services in an $840 million joint venture
- NRMA (RACV merger), Telstra (applications development services) & BHP (whole of group IT outsource) - contract drafting and negotiations for major strategic IT outsourcings
- Department of Industry, Tourism & Resources - establishment of a series of venture capital funds for the $230 million Innovation Investment Fund Program and associated programs for renewable energy and pre-seed funds
- University of Canberra - incorporation of the National Centre for Social & Economic Modelling
- ActewAGL - preparation of a suite of plain English customer contracts applying to customers across the ACT under the new Territory Utilities Regime.
- Law Society of the ACT
- Law Society of NSW.
- 1989: Bachelor of Science (Hons), Australian National University, Canberra
- 1991: Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Australian National University, Canberra
- 1991 - June 1998: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Canberra
- 1998 - 2001: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Canberra
- 2002 - 2010: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Canberra
- 2010 - 2012: Staff Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Canberra
- 2012 - 2015: Staff Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Canberra
- July 2015: Special Counsel, King & Wood Mallesons, Canberra.