We provide industry insights – locally and across borders.
In a real estate market characterised by derivative funding and facing a wave of consolidation activity, a strong offshore interest in Australian real estate assets continues.
Because of our experience in developing cross-border investment structures, we’re ready to jump when any of our clients push the ‘go’ button on their international investment strategies – whether it’s into or out of Australia.
From the use of funds as acquisition vehicles, like managed investment trusts (MITs), to the raising of 128F funding for development projects and construction allowance issues, we cover the spectrum of real estate tax issues. This offering is overlaid over our strong commercial real estate, funds, regulatory capability, enabling us to provide a co-ordinated ‘single desk’ service and market leading documentation.
The areas of real estate tax law we advise on include:
- Foreign investment
- Joint ventures
- Onshore/offshore structures and choosing the right vehicle
- Stamp duty, land tax and other indirect and direct taxes (e.g. capital gains tax)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Capital allowances
- Investment, trading and development
- Construction allowance issues.