Capitalising on your most valuable assets
Our Australian intellectual property specialists bring a broad commercial and strategic perspective to your intellectual property (IP) licensing and exploitation issues. We regularly advise our clients on exploiting their IP to properly capitalise on the value of their assets.
Working with our law firm means working with a cohesive multinational practice offering multi-jurisdictional IP licensing and commercial legal advice, with cross-border collaboration on deals. You benefit from our presence on the ground and strong local knowledge in Australia, China, the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
We advise clients in a range of industries. These include telecommunications, energy and resources, consumer products, food and beverages, agribusiness, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, engineering, mining, financial services, IT and electronics, publishers and media, banking and finance.
Our legal advice on IP licensing and exploitation includes:
- Commercialisation of technology – structuring, licensing strategies, research and development (R&D) and venture capital
- Technology development structures – partnerships, JVs and co-operative agreements
- Technology transfer arrangements
- Branding arrangements within joint ventures (JVs) and cooperative agreements
- Stand-alone co-branding, sponsorship and endorsement arrangements
- Searches and freedom to operate advice
- Copyright advice, licensing, enforcement and litigation
- Marketing, product launch and advertising law issues
- Enforcement and defensive strategies
- Conducting oppositions or opposition defences before IP Australia
- Representing clients seeking re-examination of patents
- Infringement and revocation litigation services in the courts
- Resolving commercialisation disputes