The world’s leading financial institutions, corporates, private equity firms and governments call on us to advise them on banking and finance law. Our recent experience includes acting as the sole legal adviser to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) on the establishment of the Australian clearing-house for over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives.
Other experience includes advising a consortium led by Transurban Limited with AusSuper and Tawreed Investments Limited on the AUD$7 billion acquisition of Queensland Motorways Limited, and advising a syndicate of banks on Origin Energy’s AUD$7.4 billion jumbo refinancing facilities – the largest debt raising in Australia since the global financial crisis.
Our work highlights also include advising:
- Woolworths on its innovative AUD$400m syndicated fronted bank guarantee facility backed by global insurers.
- Australian counsel for China Development Bank Corporation and Bank of China Limited on the AUD$1 billion financing of the Dugald River Project.
- ANZ on its AUD$1.3 billion Tier 1 hybrid securities offer
- CBA on its AUD$3.2 billion RMBS issue: Medallion Trust Series 2013-2
- Suncorp on its AUD$250 million CPS3 offer
- The successful consortium on the AUD$1.75 billion bid for Port Newcastle
- The financiers to the successful consortium on the AUD$5.07 billion bid for Port Botany and Port Kembla
- Three of the five Australian Banks who have implemented covered bond programmes.
"King & Wood Mallesons maintains a reputation as a go-to firm for large, complex domestic and cross-border deals. It offers a comprehensive range of expertise across all aspects of banking and finance in conjunction with multidisciplinary skills covering areas such as restructuring and insolvency and financial services regulation."