Since 1997 Michael has been providing legal advice in the areas of M&A, Private Euqity and M&A related litigation and arbitration. Michael has acquired extensive experience in more than 100 national and international transactions. A further focus is providing board advice to managing directors and members of management and supervisory boards of German companies with respect to matters relating to MBO's, MBI's, management participation programs as well as liability and governance issues.
Michael (born 1965) studied in Mainz, New Orleans and Leicester. He passed his state law examinations in 1991 and 1994 with distinction and obtained his PhD in takeover law in 1996.
After working as an assistant professor at the University of Mainz and a visiting lecturer in Leicester, Michael worked as a lawyer from 1997 to 2009 in Frankfurt am Main, and from 2000 to 2009 as a partner and head of the Corporate Department at a leading international law firm.
In 2009 he founded his own law boutique with five professionals, focusing on M&A, Private Equity and M&A related litigation and arbitration.
Advising the following clients:
- Shareholders of SELIT group of companies on the sale to NMC International and the establishment of a strategic partnership
- Management Team of Bilfinger HSG on the acquisition of the building and facility mangement business by EQT from Bilfinger.
- 21sportsgroup GmbH on a certain financing rounds and M&A deals.
- VR Equitypartner GmbH on certain acquisitions and MBOs
- Pinova Capital Funds on certain acquisitions and MBOs
- Landbell AG on the acquisition of the EnviroSolutions compliance business in the UK from DHL Supply Chain Limited, UK and ERP Recycling Platform SAS (France) including its more than 30 subsidiaries sold by Electrolux, Hewlett Packard, Procter & Gamble and Sony.
- BrandMaker GmbH on certain financing rounds
- BIP Venture Partners S.A., Pinova Capital Funds and other shareholders, in the sale and roll-over of Utimaco Group to the funds advised by EQT Mid Market
- SüdBG on the mezzanine financing of Wayand AG
- Cross Equity Partners AG on the acquisition of the punker-Group
- Shareholder of Hagelschaden-Centrum Douteil on the sale of the company to funds advised by Constellation Capital AG and Beechbrook (UK)
- Shareholders of Beontra AG including L-EA Private Equity and others on the sale of Beontra AG (Karlsruhe) to Lockheed Martin (Bethesda, USA)
Michael advised on these projects prior to joining KWM.
Frankfurt Bar Association