Jessica specialises in commercial real estate and works with a number of Australia's leading property groups and global investors on their investment and major project work.
Jessica has broad experience acting on a wide range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals (both direct and indirect), property developments and major projects, property investment, joint ventures and co-ownership arrangements, and property financing and refinancing. She is well-versed in the range of issues associated with large scale property projects including structuring, stamp duty, and titling.
Jessica's work highlights include:
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest: acting for Mirvac on its successful bid for the mixed-use integrated station development at Waterloo and associated consortium arrangements and advising the underbidder in connection with the RFP for the proposed Pitt Street overstation development.
- AMP Capital: advising on various aspects of the approximately A$3 billion mixed use Quay Quarter development including in connection with the divestment of a 1/3 interest in Quay Quarter Tower to REST; third interest in the Quay Quarter Tower to REST; leading the AMP Capital Warehouse Office Fund and AMP Capital Diversified Property Fund's acquisition of the heritage listed 33 Alfred Street; structuring; pre-commitments, subdivision & precinct agreements.
- Genesis Care: led the sale & leaseback of a national portfolio of health care properties via competitive bid.
- Aliro: advising on a number of investment and development opportunities, including the acquisition of Toyota's Caringbah site and subsequent lease-up and the acquisition of a ~9ha site at Geebung, Queensland (including Pickles Auctions office/warehouse)
- Barangaroo: acting for Lendlease and investors on the acquisition and development of Tower 1, Barangaroo South precinct, including advising on development, titling and associated green/living utilities arrangements and assisting with Scentre's investment, as retail take out party, in connection with the proposed development of Central Barangaroo.
- Charter Hall: advising on the acquisition, by way of fund-through, of various commercial assets, including 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta (subject to PNSW pre commit); Innovation Quarter, Westmead (a mixed use research, health, commercial and retail space to be developed in collaboration with WSU) and Aurizon's Brisbane headquarters in Fortitude Valley; Innovation Quarter and Westmead (a mixed use research, health, commercial and retail space to be developed in collaboration with Western Sydney University).
- Qube: advising in connection with the ongoing development of the Moorebank Intermodal Precinct, including negotiation of development management agreements and AFLs.
- The University of Sydney: advising in connection with compulsory acquisition by Sydney Metro and associated leasing arrangements in Western Sydney.
- Charter Hall: advising on the initial public offering of its Long WALE REIT as well as subsequent restructuring transactions for the REIT.
- Dexus: Assisting in connection with the establishment of the c.$2billion unlisted logistic trust.