Areas of practice
Gong Mulong is a member of KWM China Management Committee, Managing Partner of KWM Beijing office and head of Finance & Securities Group.
He has rich experience in enterprise restructuring, domestic and overseas listings and PE fund investment, formation and fund-raising of PE funds, and M&As.
His representative transactions include:
- Advising on ICBC’s shareholding system reform, introduction of strategic investors and listing at home and abroad;
- Advising on China National Petroleum Corporation’s listing in Hong Kong and the US;
- Advising on Air China’s listing in Hong Kong and London;
- Advising on China Telecom’s listing in Hong Kong;
- Advising on China Mobile’s offering of new shares globally;
- Advising on PICC’s listing in Hong Kong;
- Advising on China National Foreign Trade and Transportation Corporation’s listing in Hong Kong;
- Advising on red-chip listing of some assets of China Electronics Corporation in Hong Kong;
- Advising on China Everbright Bank’s listing in China;
- Advising on Bank of Beijing’s offering of A shares and listing;
- Advising on Chongqing Rural Commercial Bank’s listing in Hong Kong;
- Advising on NetEase’s listing on NASDAQ;
- Advising on VanceInfo Technologies’s listing on NYSE;
- Advising on JA Solar’s listing on NASDAQ;
- Advising on Inspur Electronics (HK)’s listing;
- Advising on Kweichow Moutai’s offering of A shares and listing;
- Advising on AVIC Guizhou Guihang Automotive Components’ offering of A shares and listing;
- Advising on Datang Telecom Technology’s offering of A shares and listing;
- Advising on Trust & Far Technology’s listing on the ChiNext Market;
- Advising on China Reinsurance Group’s restructuring;
- Advising on Bank of Beijing’s private placement of A shares and preferred shares;
- Advising on Pop Mart’s listing in Hong Kong;
- Advising on Li Auto’s listing in the US;
- Advising on Luye Pharma Group’s delisting from Singapore Exchange and red-chip listing on Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- Advising on QI-ANXIN Technology Group’s restructuring and listing on the SSE STAR MARKET
- Advising on Willfar Information Technology’s listing on the SSE STAR MARKET (spin-off listing of the Hong Kong listed company);
- Advising on Dalian Port’s merger Yingkou Port by share swap and corresponding fund raising;
- Advising on Huatai Securities’s offering of GDRs and listing on the London Stock Exchange;
- Advising on Bank of Xi’an’s listing on the main board of the A-share market;
- Advising on ikang’s privatization;
- Advising on China Electronics Corporation’s privatization of Grandwall Technology;
- Advising on GalaxyCore Inc.’s listing on the SSE STAR MARKET;
- Advising on Aimer’s listing on the main board of the A-share market;
- Advising on Empyrean Technology’s listing on the ChiNext Market.
Mr. Gong has also worked on M&A transactions of major listed and non-listed companies. He advised many financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies on the introduction of strategic investors and inter-bank acquisitions.
Mr. Gong has provided legal services for many well-known PE investment institutions at home and abroad, and participated in hundreds of domestic and overseas PE financing projects.
He has advised on the formation and fund-raising of dozens of domestic and overseas funds, and on the establishment, filing, compliance and acquisition of several fund managers.
Mr. Gong has been rated as a leading lawyer in capital markets, PE and investment funds by domestic and foreign leading directories for many years. He was winner of IFLR1000 China Hall of Fame in 2020.
Mr. Gong joined KWM in 2001 and previously worked in a well-known law firm in China.
He used to be a member of Beijing Youth Federation, director of social organisations and intermediaries, and member of the Youth Federation of the People’s Bank of China. He was specially appointed one of the first equity investment plan and insurance private equity fund evaluation experts by Insurance Asset Management Association of China, and a member of the Distinguished Experts Panel on self-discipline of the equity investment industry by Beijing Private Equity Association.
He graduated from China University of Political Science and Law with a bachelor’s degree in law.
His working languages are Chinese and English.