Christian is a partner in the Corporate Department. As an M&A lawyer with a special focus on public M&A and capital markets transactions, Christian supports clients looking to acquire financial and/or strategic stakes in enterprises and establishing their European structures.
Next to rendering classical M&A advise, Christian advises listed companies, financial institutions and investors, including sovereign wealth funds, private equity and hedge funds, on deals such as block trades and PIPEs (private investment in public equity), stakebuilding and taking privates.
- Acting for Bohai Automotive Systems CO, LTD. in the context of the acquisition of 75% of the shares in TRIMET Automotive Holding from TRIMET SE and establishment of a joint venture
- Acting for the Shanghai Stock Exchange in the context of establishing China Europe International Exchange AG (CEINEX), a joint venture between Shanghai Stock Exchange, Deutsche Börse Group and China Financial Futures Exchange, the first dedicated platform for China- and RMB-related investment products outside Mainland China
- Acting for listed Weichai Power in the acquisition of shares in listed Kion AG or Linde Hydraulics, the global developer and supplier of modular drive systems consisting of hydraulics, power transmissions and electronics
- Representation of various clients in the context of PIPEs acting either for the one or more investors or alternatively for the listed company (e.g. supporting Masterwork in becoming the largest shareholder in Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG or BAIC in becoming the largest shareholder in Daimler AG)
- Acting for listed Kingenta Ecological Engineering Group both in the context of acquiring the Compo Consumer business from a European PE fund and the subsequent sale to an Anglo-American PE fund
Christian regularly speaks at various universities and has addressed various conferences as well as regular in-house workshops, e.g. for management and/or supervisory boards of listed entities or for investors entering the German market.
Dr Christian Cornett is admitted to the German Bar and the Danish Bar and is a member of Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt(Main) and Dansk Advokatsamfund.
He has held various positions on boards.