Helping financial institutions to navigate changing regulation
Financial institutions face an increasingly regulated and competitive environment, to the backdrop of a fickle market which was rocked by Covid 19 in 2020. The industry is undergoing a seismic transformation worldwide, with the all-pervasive impacts of technology, innovation and cost pressures.
King & Wood Mallesons ability to cut a clear path through this dynamic and complex sector will enable you to focus on running your business and minimise regulatory surprises. Our multi-disciplinary team pulls together finance skills, industry insights and serious business acumen. Tactically astute where necessary and strategic by nature, our goal is always the success of our clients.
Our unrivalled technical legal expertise and commercial insights help navigate the digital transformation and challenging regulatory environments experienced by clients around the world. Complex or routine, we know how best to manage and resolve commercial and legal issues.
We regularly advise on issues such as:
- Digital payments, payment services and e-money
- Financial market regulation including regulatory capital
- Derivatives contracts and regulation, tax and securitisation
- Solving regulatory issues including licensing requirements, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing rules, and sanctions issues
- Regulatory change and compliance
- Establishing and marketing of new investment products
- Dispute resolution
- Financial and structured products, including development of new products and their distribution.
Our clients cut across our international network, including:
- Domestic international retail and commercial banks
- Central banks
- Investment banks, fintech and “neo” banks
- Non-bank lenders
- Investment and wealth management
- Superannuation / pension funds
- Insurance firms.