One-stop shop for critical insights in a new retail paradigm
King & Wood Mallesons works with some of the world’s biggest retailers and consumer brands across the globe, providing on the ground support to help them expand into emerging markets and transition from traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ to multichannel market platforms. Our industry insight and innovative approach helps keep clients one step ahead of competitors and regulatory challenges.
Technology is playing a pervasive role in defining which companies succeed or falter. Clients in this sector are increasingly evolving into technology-focused companies: from the adoption of AI in retail to improve customer service and delivery, to the growing take-up advanced robotics to generate greater efficiencies in logistics, supply chain and store operations. Clients face the demands of increasingly sophisticated consumers who want omnichannel access to goods and services.
To effectively adapt to the changed paradigm, clients need legal advisers who adopt a multidisciplinary approach and global outlook. At KWM, we partner with clients to build a thorough understanding of their businesses, providing tailored advice that protects and strengthens their competitive presence in their chosen markets.
We see our consumer and retail clients’ businesses from all angles and regularly advise on:
- Commercial agreements, including services, outsourcing, manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements
- Intellectual property (IP) matters – including managing IP portfolios, brand management, re-branding strategies, licensing agreements, research and development collaborations, joint ventures, strategic alliances and funding arrangements
- Corporate transactions including M&A, private equity and joint ventures.
This includes advice across the full spectrum of consumer and retail sub-sectors, including in:
- Advertising & Marketing
- Betting & Gaming (in particular in Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment and Technology)
- Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Food & Drink