Our tax attorneys have extensive experience in individual income tax (IIT) matters and can effectively assist clients in developing executive and employee compensation plans, equity incentives and tax planning. We regularly advise on IIT issues for expatriates of multinational corporations seconded to China, including long-term resident personnel, and overseas artists, athletes, engineers and professors who work in China on short-term projects.
We provide tax and legal services on executive and employee incentives and their IIT implications
- Structuring remuneration packages for foreign employees seconded to China
- Cross-border employment and secondment arrangements to mitigate permanent establishment exposure for foreign employers
- Design and optimisation of employee incentive plans, such as stock option plans, restricted stock plans, and management buy-outs
- Tax advice on employee stock ownership structuring and incentive plans
- Other IIT advisory services