Tax audit is the most stringent tax administration and inspection procedure. Taxpayers failing to properly deal with a tax audit might face serious tax consequences, including tax adjustments, tax administrative penalties and even tax-related criminal liabilities. Therefore, it is necessary for the taxpayers to seek professional and effective tax defence in order to avoid or mitigate potential tax risks and safeguard their taxpayer rights.
The tax audit procedures are generally divided into four stages: case selection, investigation, trial, and enforcement. The defence strategies adopted at different stages vary. Taking into account the specific circumstances, our tax attorneys provide tailored professional advice to assist clients in responding to the tax audit
- Conduct self-inspection on tax issues and identify potential tax risks as early as possible
- Analyse identified tax issues and evaluate their implications during the ongoing tax audit
- Assess and analyse tax-related facts, supporting documents, applicable tax rules and relevant cases in practice
- Provide advice and solutions on the identified tax issues
- Communicate and negotiate with tax authorities on behalf of clients until the case is closed